Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Go with the weakness

The bonds are showing signs of stress. We filled with the TLT put cal and so far so good. We will stay on course for this. Looks like the economy is slowing and the feds rate cuts didn't have the effects it was counting on and so inflation has raised its ugly head. so that we are to now have the feds raise rates giving us an opportunity for shorting bonds. This may be for a few years here folks so it is not a quick in and out trade.

Turning to internationals, Asia and Latin America will leave us in the dust in the years to come. You can sit back and watch or get on board. Kind of like the discussions I have had of late about oil prices. After I hear the others gripe, I ask them if they own any oil stocks? Interesting responses.

The short of it, you can complain about what is happening, or you can take advantage of it. Not that I am in favor of what I see, but it does me no good to complain. I try to change with my vote, but I also am a realist and I see opportunities here that most do not.

No comments: