Monday, July 28, 2008

600+ pages

That is what the "Housing rescue bill" contains. Now I am by no means a speed reader, but 600 pages to digest and get a real understanding before I vote? Come on leaders give me a break. Not one of you even read those pages. It was so full of pork. How do I know? I did read enough of the bill that I vomited!! I was force fed so much pork I could not handle any more. Chrysler gets in on the act, city and counties can now be rehabbers, first time buyers can now get 7,500 credit, oh and yes the poor screwed over mortgage lenders will get tax credit till the cows come home.

Who is going to pay for all this? Well if you believe what you read, not one penny of tax payer money is on the line here....Wait a minute...what exactly is a tax credit...Oh yeah it means if I do exactly as they say, I don't have to pay taxes on certain things. So if we are now allowed to borrow 10 trillion (yes that is what this bill also allows, the raising of the debt level to 10 trillion) and the large corporations that just fleeced mom and pop for everything they had in the way of any sort of assets i.e. homes, are paying less taxes but we are now indebted 10 trillion, my taxes wont go up?

At least give me a twinkle and a grin Paulson when you speak like this. That way I will understand it is a joke.

Inflation inflation inflation

No comments: