Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Didnt we see this movie before?

If I remember the plot, we watch as lending rates go to zero and we have a horror of a lost 2 decades. It must be a rerun, because certainly we cant be witnessing the same movie twice?

I am referring to Japan for those unaware. I think they tried the same things. They Had the same lies spread about their banks that we do. I remember reading about all the same gimmicks used before.

I guess we can sit back and watch the sequel. As in sequels, we all know what happens. We just watch to see the twist and turns to get us there.

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me what happened the first time around. I am unaware.

Anonymous said...

He mentioned Japan and the lost decade, which turned into the lost decade x 2.


Dell,
Bonds run on a 30 year cycle. We have just hit the bottom of the cycle.
Check out early 50's and early 80's.
It is likely the the movie will play on till 2010-2012 to run it's full course.