Monday, December 15, 2008

Wish they would just do it!

We know the bailout of the 3 dinosaurs will happen. We just wish it would happen already and see what morphed animal it takes on. Tax payers are on the hook we know this already, please put us out of our misery and quickly.

Diagonal puts have been good to us these past few months. We can ignore the sucker rallies and stay the course.

Many were using iron condors and I think they see just how those investments can blow up on you. I am sure there those that have had both side taken out on a single day.

Iron condors are best used in volatile markets that increase the premiums on both sides. then have the volatility subside. Theory anyways practice? You get hammered on both sides and if there is not enough volatility, then you get not premium to make it worth your time.

My opinion only. I get responses from long time option traders that criticize my criticism, but then that is what makes markets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you using diagonals on the SPY?

Dell said...

Yes and then on run ups buy the short side back and wait for the dowturn to sell the short side once again.
Not how I normally trade, but with the volatility, I am taking advantage of it.