Thursday, September 18, 2008

Strong stomach

It has been a gut wrenching month to say the least. As was noted a few times, some times a severe enough correction can make it look as if a trend has changed. It takes courage to stay the course.

I think golds 100 dollar rally the last few days should put any one's mind at ease as to where things stand. Oil is now becoming a hedge against inflation once again and the price is running up again.

If you have any funds left to use, now is a good time to add to our ideas. If not, let the prices rise back up and continue to roll out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dell

As I watched VIX soar, I got long DIA and oil.
Love that VIX. Not that is has anything to do with oil, but I had the same idea as you that it should go up.

I have a little calendar set up for DIA, selling some premium for tomorrow.

Of course I don't thing we are done here and there will be no more sell offs, but for the very short term, I think it will go up a little more.
Otherwise I am still short TLT, long EWZ and XLE.
They will take off soon.


Alex.