Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Best comedian

Uncle Ben hands down.

I read this and could not stop laughing or is it LOL!

Anyways, this coming from the same man that told us sub prime was contained.

I think he is on the same stuff most everyone else is on. Trying to make it legal.

On a serious note, I did mention to watch for the inevitable "New thing" from Washington to give hope (pun intended) only to be dashed.

So looks like 410 billion more and uncle Ben's words will give those late comers one more chance to salvage what is left of their "buy and hold" portfolio. Will they take advantage of it? Will they secure a future for themselves? Well if I were a betting man (as a trader I am sort of) I would bet against them. Instead look for more whining and more gov. intervention.

As a capitalist, I just hope there is any "free" company around to trade when all this is said and done. If not, I may have to trade like Rogers in Chinese "communist" stocks. Oh the irony huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know what to buy today. Everything looked so good for our bright future in a recension free economy.

Can't wait to short it again next month.

Dell said...

And tonight we get to hear from another central planner ( glad for DVD's)that has better ideas for my money than I do. I wish I were as smart as these guys. But since I know I will never know as much as the markets, I am humble enough to admit that. Just wish these meddlers could too.

Anonymous said...

I really welcome these predictions about the economy, because they bring along big rallies, which in turn are good to short.

I really want to see more of these till the end of this month.
Starting on 3/2/09 I will enter short again and look forward toward a new bottom on the 9th.

Every time we hit a new bottom, all the pundits at CNBC are so happy because it marks the end of the recession. The do that all the time, they never learn anything.

The beginning of April should be very interesting.