Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Treasury

I can see why this guy messed up his turbo tax.
Not very inspiring words were there.
This baby is going down. Dow below 5,000 and the S&P around 500. The financials will lead the way and the rest will go with them.

Long puts and stay the course. There will be a trillion here a trillion there but to no avail. Take each rally as a chance to get short. This could get dicey real fast. If you do not have the stomach for this, stay in Short term treasury money markets. I k now these returns are a pittance, but at least you have your original investment intact. Sometime the best position to be in is cash.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe CNBC said Oil will hit $50, yesterday?
The moment I heard that I sold calls on USO and short puts on TLT.
I didn't get in early enough on any short position on DJ, so I stayed out.
There will be plenty opportunity, but look at the DJ30 components.
Many have reached new low since Nov 21 and DJ is still above that level.
I'll see how things develop and I may get long (for very short while) on DJ again.

Anonymous said...

Dell

are you getting a short position on Gold now?
At $950 it should change direction.

Dell said...

I am going long diagonal calls.
If that helps

Anonymous said...

So, you are in that camp that believes in Gold @ $1200 and beyond?

I think there should be a retracement around $690.

We all need a counterpart, right?
;)

Dell said...

I do not cae if it goes to 1200, just as long as 6 months from now it is where it is at or higher. Until then I will roll out each month.

Anonymous said...

I got it.
Well, the beautiful thing about calendars is that even if you are wrong on the direction of the market, you can still sell against the long position and recoup the initial investment and possibly make some profit too.