Thursday, February 19, 2009

A problem with analysts....

I am talking analysts that are not paid by the usual sources i.e. investment firms, media etc. are sometimes stubborn. I fit in the stubborn category. As a trader you have to. It does not always pay off.

I need to stick with my opinions of the markets until proven otherwise. At times that means a severe draw down (loss on the portfolio) before I give up the trade.

This does not mean to say that I go down with losing trades, to the contrary, I am stating that in order to stay in this and become profitable, you need to take an opinion almost always contrary to the masses (after all the masses are most of the time wrong) this takes courage in the face of almost every outlet of information you get (that is unless you get your sources off the beaten path).

I like to have 12 or so analysts that I like and when they agree on any particular sector, I jump on it. Most of the time they are in agreement, often times they are not.

No comments: